OHTA Membership Prices for 2017
- A Junior is a competitor who is under 18 years of age as of January 1, 2017
- A Senior is a competitor who is 18 years of age or older as of January 1, 2017
- A Family membership includes a maximum of 2 Seniors and any Juniors living at the same address. Must be immediate family.
New for 2017! All renewals for competitive memberships received after April 30, 2017 are subject to a late fee of $20.00. There is no late fee for Associate, Corporate or new memberships.
New memberships purchased from September 1st of the current year are valid for the balance of the current year and the following year as well.
In order to accommodate competitors who wish to try Eventing before becoming members, an OHTA Day Membership is available for the Pre-Training, Entry and Pre-Entry levels only. The fee is $15 per occasion, payable over and above the competition entry fee and included with the entry form. Day Memberships may be purchased for an unlimited number of competitions. The cost of any Day Memberships purchased during the competition season will not be applied toward the cost of a full OHTA membership. Day Membership forms are available on the OHTA website.
What Memberships Do I Need to Compete?
Depending on what level you are competing at, you will need between four (4) and five (5) memberships. Application forms for mail and fax membership orders are available here.
- Equine Canada Sport Licence (Bronze, Silver or Gold) – Purchased via Equine Canada
- Ontario Equestrian Federation (OEF) Membership – Purchased via the Ontario Equestrian Federation
- Ontario Horse Trials Association (OHTA) Membership – Purchased in conjunction with your Ontario Equestrian Federation Membership, or on a Day Membership Basis
- Canadian Eventing (CE) Membership – Purchased via Equine Canada, or on a Day Membership Basis
- At training level or higher, your horse must have an Equine Canada Horse Passport – Obtained via Equine Canada
Memberships Required by Level
|Level||OEF||OHTA||EC Sport Licence||Canadian Eventing||EC Horse Passport|
|Preliminary & Above||YES||YES||Gold||YES||YES|
*Day memberships may be purchased at each competition, instead of a full OHTA and/or CE memberships. Please note, when a day membership is used, points earned at the event do not count toward your OHTA year-end points.
Memberships Required for Horse Owners (If Rider is Not the Horse Owner)
|Level||OEF||OHTA||EC Sport Licence||Canadian Eventing|
|Preliminary & Above||YES||NO||Gold||NO|