OHTA Membership Prices for 2018
- A Junior is a competitor who is under 18 years of age as of January 1, 2018
- A Senior is a competitor who is 18 years of age or older as of January 1, 2018
- A Family membership includes a maximum of 2 Seniors and any Juniors living at the same address. Must be immediate family.
All renewals for competitive memberships received after April 30, 2018 are subject to a late fee of $20.00. There is no late fee for Associate, Corporate or new memberships.
New COMPETITIVE memberships (Junior, Senior, Family) purchased from September 1st of the current year are valid for the balance of the current year and the following year as well. A new membership is defined as someone who has never been a member before, or someone who has not had an active membership since the year prior to the previous one. For 2017, this would be anyone who has had an active membership in 2015 or earlier.
In order to accommodate competitors who wish to try Eventing before becoming members, an OHTA Day Membership is available for the Pre-Training, Entry and Pre-Entry levels only. The fee is $15 per occasion, payable over and above the competition entry fee and included with the entry form. Day Memberships may be purchased for an unlimited number of competitions. The cost of any Day Memberships purchased during the competition season will not be applied toward the cost of a full OHTA membership. Day Membership forms are available on the OHTA website.
Pony Club Members
Our Growing the Sport initiative allows riders who are Pony Club members in good standing and who have a current membership with Ontario Equestrian to show at any OHTA Event, up to a maximum of 3 times each competition season. There is no cost to take advantage of this offer.
Canadian Pony Club members may compete at any level for which they meet the minimum requirements. Pony Club members will not be eligible for points collection, year-end awards, or participation at championships.
To participate in this program, simply fill out the OHTA Day Membership form when entering an event, and indicate which Pony Club you are a member of on the form. You may do this 3 times during the competition season. Link to Day Membership Form
**This agreement was made official as of January 2015. It can be amended or abolished by any time by either organization.
**Any member who subsequently loses good standing Pony Club, will ALSO lose good standing status with OHTA and will not be able to compete with OHTA or the Pony Club until good standing is returned**
What Memberships Do I Need to Compete?
Depending on what level you are competing at, you will need between four (4) and five (5) memberships. Application forms for mail and fax membership orders are available here.
- Equestrian Canada Sport Licence (Bronze, Silver or Gold) – Purchased via Equestrian Canada
- Ontario Equestrian (OE) Membership – Purchased via the Ontario Equestrian
- Ontario Horse Trials Association (OHTA) Membership – Purchased in conjunction with your Ontario Equestrian Membership, or on a Day Membership Basis
- Canadian Eventing (CE) Membership – Purchased via Equestrian Canada, or on a Day Membership Basis
- At training level or higher, your horse must have an Equestrian Canada Horse Recording – Obtained via Equestrian Canada
Memberships Required by Level
|Level||OE||OHTA||EC Sport Licence||Canadian Eventing||EC Horse Recording|
|Preliminary & Above||YES||YES||Gold||YES||YES|
*Day memberships may be purchased at each competition, instead of a full OHTA and/or CE memberships. Please note, when a day membership is used, points earned at the event do not count toward your OHTA year-end points.
Memberships Required for Horse Owners (If Rider is Not the Horse Owner)
|Level||OEF||OHTA||EC Sport Licence||Canadian Eventing|
|Preliminary & Above||YES||NO||Gold||NO|